Sunday, October 26, 2008

A walk in the park







Emma and I skipped the gym on Saturday and went on a little outing with Eric and the dogs; our 9 yr old basset Zoe and our baby Daxie. We drove up the canyon a ways and parked by a bridge that crosses over the run off stream and connects to the walking path. We normally start our walk down at the park and only make it as far as the bridge (1-1/2 miles) before we turn around and start back. I am so glad we decided to go to the trails end, it was sure worth the hike. As you can see there is a beautiful waterfall and the trail ends just beyond this point. From there we hiked down to the stream and followed it up as far as we could without getting wet. The dogs of course were wet head to toe! The water was cold and crystal clear and the whole stream bed is covered in riverrock vibrant with color, almost as if they are competing with the trees that are changing color this time of year. I feel so blessed to live in this bountiful place, we are surrounded by mountains, rivers and forests. Some of Gods most glorious art work is right here in our backyard.

I have to mention this awesome "Spooktacular" birthday party that Emma and I went to on Friday. Our good friend Gabby turned 10 and we were lucky enough to be there to help her celebrate. Gabby's party was at this awesome park in Green Valley. This park is like nothing I have ever been to before with skate board ramps and climbing walls; this is not your run of the mill swingset and slide park. It's like something from an amusement park. There was costume judging (and I have to tell you I think Daxie's bumblebee costume should have received some kind of an award :( ) and a pinata, chili with all the fixins plus 3 cakes, yes I said 3! 1 for the guests and 1 for each of the birthday girls; Gabby and her cousin Penelope had a combined party. The cakes, which Heather made, were so adorable. It was a good time for all, so many people I haven't seen for some time were there...it was like old home week.
If you want to check out party pictures I am sure there are some posted at "andreawatkinsphotography.blogspot.com"

Side note: my company is starting a 10-week fitness challenge begining on November 17th, which I will, of course, be taking part in. So I am kicking the workouts up a notch. This will be really good with the holidays right around the corner. In fact I wonder if that is why they are doing the challenge now....hmmm! Very smart move. Any way if any of you would like to take part (on your own of course) I would be happy to get the information to you. You do not have to belong to a gym to participate and it would be a fun challenge to do as a family with some prizes involved....of course.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

hello- just thought I would check in with you and let you know i was here!

andi watkins said...

That was a fun party huh:) thanks for all your help! Gabby just posted it on our blog 2nite. (the "family" one... I know all these blogs confuse you) and so true about Daxie, she should have won a prize for sure!! she was so cute!
Your picture doesnt show up on your blog...what's up?

Shannon said...

Umnmm hello- what happened? It is Sunday you know! Post!

andi watkins said...

Yeah, what she said!! lol, but I would say it nicer... Shannon can get a little mean. hehehe

Shannon said...

ummm hellooooo