Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bangs or no bangs???

I went in for a trim last Saturday and ended up with bangs! The whole bang/no bang issue has been haunting for quite some time. I have this huge head and I have always used my hair as a shield . Like, look at my hair not my body!!! Every time I see some big headed woman who has bangs I again teeter on the bang/no bang issue. This has been going on for way too long; like 3 years. It was Khloe Kardashian who finally gave me the final shove to go for bangs. Khloe is one big headed woman and she looks fabulous with bangs. I didn't do the straight across bangs like her (I am way too old for that) but I did get a sweeping bang. My girls say it is cute; so I guess it must be true.

One of the guys that I do a lot of business with keeps commenting that I look a lot different. This is because I started wearing my hair straight. I told him I have gotten younger, and thanked him for noticing. After seeing "The Women" with my BFF's and seeing Meg Ryan's transformation from curly to straight my mind was made up. Straight hair didn't necessarily make her look younger but it made her look less chaotic and more like a woman who took herself seriously. I think as women sometimes we struggle between our teenage selves and our middle age selves. There is nothing better than finding a really great pair of jeans (which I have) and the right style of hair, that makes us feel young but helps us look really good for our age. My ultimate goal is to be like my girl friend Shannon or Aunt Janece, to look so good no one knows your real age, just keep them guessing.

I had my weigh in on Friday, lost another 2 lbs, and I had my first measurements done. I have lost 1" ea on my arms, thighs and neck and 3" ea on my waist and hips!!! Definitely something to celebrate.

I did struggle a little to get to the gym this week, and I am finding that I have a lot of guilt when I don't get there as much as I would like to. Our cat Suki was sick on Saturday and kept going down hill all day, she passed away around 4:30 Saturday afternoon. Emma and I usually go to the gym together, especially on Saturdays, but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave Suki so we ended up skipping our work out on Saturday. I have beat myself up over that for the last 24 hours. I feel that I need to find a healthy approach to life/work out; I don't want to make this an issue to causes me guilt or stress I have enough of that. If any of you have advice please share.

Kudos to my sister Shelby for getting her first (of many I am sure) promotion at work. I am so proud of my sister, her work ethic is set to a higher notch than most and she is continually trying to better herself.

Eric is getting ready for his Wyoming fishing trip with his brother Mark. They leave on Thursday this week and he will be gone for 4 days. Hopefully he will be bringing home a mess of big beautiful trout for us to feast upon next week.

We had our first snow fall of the year yesterday and although I could have waited another month, or even two, it sure was a beautiful sight. I am so blessed to live where we have 4 seasons.

Next weigh in: October 18th
next measurement: October 25th

3 comments:

andi watkins said...

so why no picture of the bangs? i cant wait to see them! Shannon is a vampire BTW, so keep that in mind when setting goals for yourself. but you are doing great...good for you! i am almost inspired enough to get off of my butt and join weight watchers myself {almost}. poor Emma, I hope she is okay, its heartbreaking to loose a pet. well lets get together this weekend and look for a good place to take Lonia's senior pics!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the shout out on your blog! I do try to take care of myself because I do like to "feel" good about my self! Just drink lots of water, wash your makeup off every night- even when your super tired, mask once a week, use a daily scrub and moisturize! Also- wear sunscreen daily, not just in a moisturizer but a full on sun protector- we are too old to worship the sun anymore. When you cant make it to the gym- dont beat yourself up- just tweek your meals. Skip the bread, have smaller portions and just make sure that you stick to the meal plan and that you never make that excuse of " I will eat this and make up for it at the gym later."(meaning fat foods and drinks) Every here that saying "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips"? Its true.

Shannon said...

k- I meant "hear" not "here" and whats up? No bang pics! I still think we are young enough to have straight across bangs like Khloe!