Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Figuring things out

I have to tell you, formating this blog is a pain my @#%!! I finally had to schedule an appointment with my daughters Kelsi 19 an Lonia 17 to help me figure out how to undo the damage that I had done trying to change my background. Needless to say I may never make layout changes again as this is way to confusing for someone who is turning 40 in 48 days.
While I am on the topic of turning 4-0 I have to give a big shout out to my favorite cousin and one of my best friends, Lonia Pulsipher. Lonia's b-day is tomorrow and she looks fabulous!! Lonia has lost (I am guessing here) about 50 lbs and still has the same cup size...Kudos Lonia. She has actually been my biggest motivator in my journey to losing weight and becoming more healthy.

I am still going to the gym 5 nights a week, still eating healthy, and still losing weight. I got on the scale yesterday and had lost another 2 lbs. Yippee
I never thought I would actually look forward to weighing myself, but I am at that point right now.

I am starting a weight loss challenge on Monday with some (about 500) fellow co-workers. The challenge lasts 10 weeks and there are different challenges each week. For the first week we are working on the following:
1- dont eat fast foods 2- do 20 crunches per day 3- eat 2 servings of fruit each day 4- drink 64 oz of water each day 5-do 20 minutes of aerobic activity each day 6- walk or bike ride for 15 minutes each day 7-do 5 push ups each day 8- do not drink soda or sugary fruit juice drinks

Wish me luck, I am in it to win it!! If any of you would like to join in the fitness challenge, just to see if you can, shoot me an e-mail and I will send you the forms.

Until Sunday...

2 comments:

andi watkins said...

the new blog looks good but just a suggestion... put up a link list instead of the "followers" thing that way you can just click the links to your friends blogs or other blogs you love, and put all the stuff like the "about me" and "link list" on the sidebar under the jukebox instead of the bottom of the page and you somehow have it set to one post per page...? but it's looking better!! and the tunes finally work!!
Cant wait to see you and your fam 2morrow!!! I love your guts and kudos on all the weight loss... I might need those challenge sheets.

Shannon said...

so I agree with Andi about the layout. Hmm- also before you post any of your songs, take a quick listen because some times they sound like chipmunks, as is the case with your first song. I think you were doing fine the first time around, with the cute background and such. Anyhoo- what are you guys doing? I can believe that you would think that you were not a good friend. I just dont ever know when you will be busy at work, but I loved listening to your message, and just know that I do love and miss you tons and tons!